Friday, June 25, 2010

Marissa's Favorite Dish in Positano


Pasta Fagoili at Bruno. Though we had it other places -- no one made it like Bruno. So simply. So yummy. Simply satifying.

Tai's Interpretation of Pasta Fagioli
(recipe shared on a napkin from a "mama" in Italy -- so quantity varies)

She wrote:
1. Sautee garlic, tomato and onion until lightly brown in extra virgin olive oil
I use 2 garlic cloves minced, 1 medium onion and either 6-8 roma/plum tomatoes or a 16 ounce can tomatoes cup up
2. Add clear chicken broth. This one is tricky. She didn't tell me how much. I use about a quart and a half
3. Add a pinch of basil, salt and pepper
4. Add northern or cannellini beans. I use 1 cup dry northern beans soaked overnight. You can also bring them to a boil for about 2 minutes and then turn off the heat and let them stand a room temperature for an hour and drain
5. Cover al and cook about 1 1/2 hours.
6. Optional -- add pasta of your choice. If I add I use about a 1/2 cup of small pasta.
Sprinkle with fresh parmesean cheese and serve with fresh bread if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment