Thursday, June 10, 2010

All Bodies Are Bikini Bodies...


TAI: A large portion of my life is spent in a bikini (could that be why I have over 30 of them???) I wear one all day every Sunday. I cook in them, spend holidays in them -- I plan my birthday every year around a weekend at the Ritz with my girlfriends all relaxing around the pool. My vacations all seem to be to “beaches” around the world – bikini’s are simply a part of my life. One of my best girlfriends will never come to my birthday because she doesn’t want to wear a bikini. I say who cares??? Life is about "not being afraid to wear your bikini." Being on the beaches in France -- many topless and many nudes (though I’ve only been topless) – what you see is how comfortable the women are here with their bodies. There’s something to be said for just letting go and being happy inside the body we have. One of my close friends has always battled weight. But she is so fun to be with – so joyful and comfortable with herself. I have never heard her complain about a “fat butt” like me and most of my friends do. The past few years I have had two major surgeries and put on two sizes (seriously). I see my skin starting to sag in places and pockets "stuff I can't identify" taking hold of spots on my body. All I can do is make peace with it all and welcome each and every thing as part of life. So – I say here’s to life in a bikini – for every woman!!! "Sexy" and "feeling good about ourselves" are states of mind! Men like butts! HURRAY for men!!! What a great life!!! By the way -- I hear they have a great cellulite cream here...I'm off to get some!!!

1 comment:

  1. I so concur Tai!! We do need to get more comfortable with ourselves and the inevitability (if we're lucky) of getting older. We are sort of programmed to strive for perfection but darn it, why should we? The goal is to be healthy and healthy is beautiful, no matter what. There's a glow from the inside out that comes from inner health, and it just can't help but show on the surface. Tai, you are a beautiful person both inside and outside. I think you're an amazing inspiration to women of any age. I was thinking about what you said about some folks not wanting to wear a bikini... I think they're just mad at themselves for not doing enough in regards to fitness and what they consume in order to feel more comfortable in a bikini. Some even go to extremes and starve themselves - now they look super unhealthy. Extremes are so not the answer. We should realize that we can really have it all. We don't need complicated exercises with fancy equipment, or special dietary foods with crazy diet pills. We should just get back to basics and realize we are truly empowered more than we give ourselves credit for! We actually have everything we need, right under our noses. If we're not happy with something about ourselves, we should work to change it or just accept it or stop b&m'ing!! (that's my acronym for bitching and moaning ;-) XOXOXOXO

    ReplyDelete