Thursday, June 10, 2010

Thoughts from Marissa...



This trip has been the most amazing experience!!! And kind of unexpected--I knew the trip would be a blast, but I originally signed on for the beaches and a fun romp through Europe, instead other parts of the trip caught me a little off guard and have really turned out to be my favorite parts. For instance--the food here is incredible!!! I knew the food would be good, but it is out of this world!! Everything from the ingredients, to the presentation, to the dining experience and who you share it with is incredible. Only the freshest foods are used and every plate looks like a work of art, not to mention the meal lasts for about 4 hours, so you better like who you are having dinner with. People here appreciate the time and effort put into their food and center their lives around it. At first it was hard getting used to people closing their stores (meaning I had to stop shopping) so they could eat! AND there are no "to-go" cups anywhere; if you are eating, you are sitting--the whole concept of Starbucks is completely lost on this continent, but I guess they are managing.

1 comment:

  1. rissy you managed to pull together nature and sequins. i am so proud.

    ReplyDelete